NLA Librarian of the Year/ Trustee of the Year
The Librarian of the Year is awarded for the librararian/trustee that has shown effort in the following :
- For constructive accomplishments toward the advancement and extension of library service and the development of sound library policies; creative and effective interpretation of the library on a regional, local or national level.
- For notable activity in library legislation, recruitment, statewide planning, published writings, outstanding participation in NLA, ALA, MPLA, Friends of the Library etc.
- For broadened scope of service to the community; specialized services to children, young adults, senior citizens, the handicapped etc.
- For an outstanding contribution to library education; library techniques, library building, library management, establishment or organization of a new library or library system, or expansion or revitalization of an established library system or library.
- For a substantial financial assistance or endowment.
NLA Awards Nomination Form Word | PDF